Monday, January 4, 2010

RETRACING THE JOURNEY

Here it is - I am finally putting these memories down in words.

Over the past few months, while attending the weddings of folks who have been part of the ACT 3 family, I became aware that talk always gravitates to experiences people had with the company.

I also realise that ACT 3 has brought people together who have gone on to bond into a network of true friends.

Also meeting "strangers" on the streets and in restaurants, who come up and volunteer anecdotes on how ACT 3 has touched their lives.


And the audience. This is one of my favourite shots of the audience. Here is a group of children watching the same performance and the exact same moment. But look at the variety of expressions - spontaneous. What a blessed and rewarding vocation, mine.




All this has inspired me, while my memory is still vivid, to recount the journey of ACT 3 Theatrics from when it was just an idea and weave it to the present and current.

Ruby and Jasmin, thanks for the Magical Adventure.

I dedicate this to my loving Wife, Amy, and sons Joshua and Jivan. May you always remind me how blessed my life has been, (in case I forget).

The journey will continue with -
"One Moment in Time".

all rights strictly reserved. 2010. R Chandran

6 comments:

  1. may i wish for you of a life that is blessed and will always be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Chandran for starting this blog.

    So much have happened and very little is kept. Except for memories in our minds...

    Please keep writing plays for young people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan from the first post already! Looking forward to visiting this page often :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bridget Therese LachicaJanuary 10, 2010 at 12:06 AM

    I was in my 20's when I went for an audition at Act 3 Theatrics and with startdust and nerves in my eyes I made it through. Act 3 started me on my professional acting and drama-teaching career in the 80's and I haven't really stopped since - wanting to tell stories, share values and touch lives through performance and teaching.
    It is a privilege to call many of my Act 3 colleagues since the 1980's: 'Friends'.
    Ruby, Jasmin and Chandran are people I keep in touch with and whom I respect and love dearly as individuals even today.

    I couldn't help feeling teary eyed and nostalgic reading Chandran's blog. What amazing times we often had...and many funny experiences on and off stage. hmm...if walls and living rooms could talk:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing journey, Chandran..!. May ACT 3 continues forever and evolve not just in our hearts but into every one of our souls too. Wish you and the entire ACT 3 team the very best. You make us Singaporean proud..! Benedict. R

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel privileged to have known this inspirational group and shamelessly stole many of their ideas and techniques when I ran children's drama groups back in England. Jasmin's make up workshops at both TKT and Dunman High helped me to make up children for the shows and pantos I put on in Skegness.
    I am glad to hear that Makan place is being performed again. Somewhere I have an audio cassette tape of it.
    Thanks for everything,
    Alan Watkins-Groves

    ReplyDelete